With one simple change, you can solve scores of problems! Including…
- dry mouth
- dry skin
If you have any of the above problems, you are probably not drinking enough water. Water will help you more than you know! Take me for example. For a long time, I had a lot of headaches that were pretty painful, and sometimes they got bad enough that I couldn’t do my usual activities of the day. Formerly, I tried to cure them with medicine or caffeine, but I have a found a much better answer. About two weeks ago, I started trying to drink about 10 cups of water every day, and since then, I have seen so many benefits.
A lot of the water you take in is from the food you eat, but that does not eliminate the necessity of drinking water. Experiment with the volume of water, and see what is right for you. Here are some signs to look for that might pop up when you are properly hydrated:
- -You will be more energized.
- -You will be more mentally fit.
- -Your “output” should be very light.
- -You will need to use the restroom often. (as much as once every hour, sometimes more)
- -Migraines will go away (only those caused by dehydration, of course).
- -Your skin will start to clear. (There was an article going around on FaceBook awhile back specifically about this type of thing.)
- -You will feel little to no urge to snack.
- -You will eat less at meals.
- -You will not want pop/soda as much.
- -You will start to like drinking water.
Don’t worry if you don’t experience all of these; they are just things that happened to me as I drank more water, and correlation does not necessarily equal causation.
How You Start
Now that I have told you that you should drink more water and most of the side effects that I’ve listed above are very motivating, you might wonder how to go about doing this. Here’s what I do: Each morning I fill my gallon jug with water and throughout the day I keep it nearby. This at least doubles my water intake without really trying, and it cuts the preparation time- yes, there is a prep time for filling a glass of water- in half.