(Note: even if you don’t plan on meditating on each Psalm with me, you can still take part in this week.)
This is the first week of the three weeks of Psalm meditation. This week we’re focusing on Psalm 130, which starts out:
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord!
2 O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive (read more)
Here’s the basic idea for how we’ll meditate this week (and each week of this plan):
- Day One: read the passage a few times
- Day Two: ask how the passage relates to your life circumstances
- Day Three: write the passage out on paper
- Day Four: try to imagine the surroundings and circumstances of the author as they wrote it
- Day Five: read the passage out loud to someone
- Day Six: pray the Psalm (even if you’ve already done this)
- Day Seven: read the passage a few times
Again, even if you don’t plan on taking part of every week, feel free to meditate on this Psalm with me this week. You can come back to this post to share your thoughts on Psalm 103.
You might go put a note where you’ll see it tomorrow so you’ll remember it (if you’re anything like me and you have a terrible memory).
I’ll see you in the comments!