This is the last week of our twenty-one days of Psalm meditation. I must admit, I’m beginning to tire. I like to jump from new thing to new thing but… I must continue, and I do continue to gain things from the chapters.
As usual, the little schedule I’m following is this:
- Day One (Monday): read the passage a few times
- Day Two: ask how the passage relates to your life circumstances
- Day Three: write the passage out on paper
- Day Four: try to imagine the surroundings and circumstances of the author as they wrote it
- Day Five: read the passage out loud to someone
- Day Six: pray the Psalm (even if you’ve already done this)
- Day Seven (Sunday): read the passage a few times
You can follow that or make your own plan.
Last Psalm (3) was less interesting than the last one (130) but I appreciated it. To read it in a prayer was moving, and I think I’ve discovered power in the Psalms, particularly in Psalm 23:1 this last week.
Anyway, meditate on Psalm 138 this week, even if you forgot to today (Monday) because I sure did…