On 12:00 PM ET on January 20th, 2017, the United States of America inaugurated their 45th president, President Donald Trump. It was glorious.
Granted, the guy’s a total businessman and a charmer who is easily charmed by manipulators, but he’s on our side and he’s not her. Whew.
So, now that he’s our president, here are three things I want to remind him of:
- Protect the lives of innocent millions across the country. Defund Planned Parenthood. Every life matters and every girl and boy deserves a chance to be the next Martin Luther King Jr. or Mother Teresa. (For more on pro-life issues, check out the #voice4millions page.)
- Protect our borders! Laws are laws, and illegal immigration hurts those of us who deserve the greatness of our country as legal citizens, those born here and those who immigrated legally.
- Protect freedom of religion. When I say religion, I do not mean exclusively my own. All peaceful religion is deserving of freedom, whether you worship the One True Almighty God or some weird Hindu thing. Seperation of Church and State truly means separation of State from Church. Get out of our business!
Also, here are three things I want to remind you of:
- President Trump is human, and thus, imperfect. (You all already knew that but just making sure.)
- He’s sort of an idiot sometimes. Remember those awkward, weird moments during The Campaign that No One Thought Would Prosper? It’s still him behind the Presidential Mask! Yup! So we need to keep reminding him of what we want and make sure he isn’t charmed into buying cheap dollar-store jewelry from China by Hillary.
- He’s our president now, so we should try our best to respect him, wish the best for him, and pray for him. (I was prepared to say this exact thing about her.) Even though it may be odd to see him on TV saying stupid things, we shouldn’t mock him. Even if he is a buffoon, we shouldn’t say it.
Have a wonderful week!